Sunday, November 21, 2004

 

Why oldwhitelady?

1/30/2005 - I decided I needed to also explain why I use oldwhitelady as a screen name. I have been using it for ages.
It all came about one Saturday night when I had nothing else to do but watch SNL. There was a black man as host (I can't remember his name, but he was sooo funny).
Anyway, this must have been sometime during an orange alert because he said there were signs all over to watch for suspicious characters. He said he got on this elevator and this old white lady got on with him. Now, he remembered that he was supposed to watch for suspicious people, and that old white lady sure looked suspicious to him. He said he looked at her and she looked at him. The whole elevator ride! Just the way he said "old white lady" must have signalled something in my brain that said "Hey, that's a pretty close self-description, I can use that as a screen name!"

Comments:
OWL,
Where in Missouri are you? I am in KC--call me if you're ever in town and we can meet for coffee or a drink. I am an assistant to Mayor Kay Barnes. I infrequently post under the name GlimmerGlass.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?