Sunday, November 21, 2004

 

Sunday afternoon -

I think I want to go back to bed. I made biscuits and ate plenty of them. I'm on the last tape of SOAP. Time for something new:)

I was over at Eschaton looking at the posts and links. It is sure frustrating that our representatives have no concern for the common people. They are supposed to be working FOR us, but all they seem to be doing is fleecing us! A couple days ago, they were trying to take away some of the percs/credits? a company gets for carrying a portion of the employees insurance premiums. This really PISSES me OFF! Those people in Washington do NOT have to currently pay for their insurance, and boy do they have GOOD insurance! We, the people pay for THEIR insurance. So how do they thank us? Trying to make us pay the whole ungodly amount of the premium the insurance company wants to insure our health.

Today, Atrios has links to Bush buying a Yacht - What? We (the country) is in debt to other countries who are carrying our debt and could probably ask for payment now. I wonder what would happen? If they wanted full payment, and we don't have it, could they take the United States as their property? Not only that, we are paying billions for sending our kids over to Iraq to kill the locals. We couldn't give them(our kids) all the protection they need, such as armored humvees, etc., but Bush can buy a yacht? and what are we, the people , getting out of it? Will we be able to go to Bush and say, "hey, it's my turn to use the yacht, give me the keys."
Here's an excerpt from Eschaton, excerpted from the newspaper article:

"The Senate voted 65-30 for the legislation late on Saturday that sets aside funds for a range of priorities including a presidential yacht, foreign aid and energy. It is one of the final pieces of work for the 108th Congress and they may return to finish a spy agency overhaul before the end of the year."

Wow! I love this blogger place! It's gonna help me pound out my rants so that I can write more clearly defined letters to the editor of my paper.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?