Sunday, December 05, 2004

 

Haven't decided yet what I want to blog about:)

Last night, I finally walked up to my mailbox to get the mail. I had 2 packages... one was a CD "ChangesBowie" ordered off Amazon.com that I had been excitedly awaiting. I have the album, but currently, my turntable is not hooked up. I'm listening to it right now... mmmmm. The other package was a book I had ordered from Amazon.com. It's called "The Skook". I have a copy somewhere, but haven't yet found it, so I went over to Amazon.com and ordered a copy for .43 + postage and handling (probably 3.50 for p&h). I looked at the postage and handling on the package and it was 1.82. I wonder who gets the excess? Amazon.com or the seller? I hope it's the seller because I thought .43 is an awful small amount for such a good book. It turns out it is a hardback copy that had been in a library, but had been culled out. That's ok, it's still readable. I started reading it last night. I'm about halfway through. It's a wildly freakish book. Span Barrmann (the hero) has been chased into a cave by the Space Angels (a satanic biker group) who were going to sacrifice him because he met the criteria (birthdate, place of birth) for their needs. Anyway, they decided that since they couldn't actually get him, they would blow up the area that he hid. So, now he is in the cave and has been sealed in by the falling side of the hill/quary wall.
He's just met the Skook. The Skook was a product of his imagination from back when he told bedtime stories to his daughters.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?