Monday, December 27, 2004

 

Holy Smokies Batman ,The island of Sumatra

Earthquake moves island of Sumatra Article from United Press International...
Los Angeles, CA, Dec. 27 (UPI) -- The magnitude 9.0 earthquake off Indonesia moved the island of Sumatra about 100 feet to the southwest, the Los Angeles Times reported Monday.

What does this mean? I'm wondering if this has screwed up the tectonic plates. Coast to Coast had some guy on last week that said the earth was hollow. I wish I had paid closer attention. I can always go to Coast to Coast and read up, though.

Comments:
Good Morning. The whole island moved 100 feet? that's got to be close to a record in written history. I promise you, except for many millions of people's lives being destoyed and disrupted, what's going on with the tectonic plates is perfectly normal. Horrible for the people affected, but that motion is exactly what the plates do. This morning's report on NPR stated there were as many as 22,000 souls lost? Is this true? We are so small.
 
This is simply mind boggling. I hope it does not mean we are about to enter a phase of high earthquake activity. That would not bode well for the folks on our own west coast.
 
There have been a lot of quakes in the last couple years. I guess when I have time, I will see where and when - perhaps it's just me, but it seems that there are more?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?