Friday, December 24, 2004

 

Mission Impossible?

24 December 2004
US living in 'fantasy land' over Iraq

I remember back May of 2003, Miserable Failure (Google miserable failure and opt for I feel lucky - the address that I linked to is the one that comes up) stood on a naval liner with a backdrop reading "Mission Accomplished". I think the mission he and his cronies had in mind was different than what the taxpayers thought it was. The whole thing reminds me of that old adage "A fool and his money are soon parted". Taxpayers are stuck paying for billions in war costs but Halliburton and other companies are making huge profits off the whole thing. Estimated amount for 2005 could surpass $80 billion which could make total expenditures for the war past $200 billion.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?