Monday, December 27, 2004

 

Oh, yeah, this makes me want to go out and buy a new car!

30 million cars now record drivers' behavior
By Eric C. Evarts, The Christian Science Monitor
It was only a matter of time. For several years, electronic devices in cars have monitored acceleration and braking to save fuel and improve safety. Now, they're saving some of that data to give automakers and police a better idea of how you drive.


Quite frankly, I can see it being helpful in the event of a crash, but I really don't like the idea of anyone being able to track me because of my vehicle selection. I guess it's not the same as the GPS(Global positioning Service) where if you get a flat tire or lost, you can call them and they can pinpoint where you are. I refuse to get that. Of course, if you have cell phone on and with you, You can still be tracked through that.

Comments:
Yeah, I have one of those 'little black boxes' in my Cherokee. Ticks me off, but I suppose there's not much I can do about it. Big Brother's always out there sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong.
 
I just read your profile and wanted to say I love Robin Cook and Janet Evonivich's Stephanie Plum books. That Lulu just kills me! I can't decide if I want Steph to hook up with Joe, or Ranger. I picture Ranger as looking a bit like Benjamin Bratt (Law & Order) and Joe, a bit like Armand Assante (When A Man Loves A Woman). Steph of course is Joely Fisher from Wild Card.
 
Wanda
My very favorite book of the Stephanie Plum series is the one with Sally Sweet. Oh, my, is it hilarious! I know what you mean about who she should end up with. I really like Ranger....:)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?