Friday, December 24, 2004

 

Stupid Idiots who don't read their map when they are going somewhere they haven't been in awhile piss me off.

That said, I decided to take a little trip to Earthquake Hollow. It is located between New Bloomfield and Holt Summit. It is not a bad little trip if you make sure of what roads you're taking. However, I was shown a way through the backroads many years ago. I have gone several times, but not lately. Today, I gassed up and took to the path I thought I remembered. I took a lot of turns onto roads I sure didn't remember. I found some roads didn't have signs. Then, there were the County roads. They just have numbers. I managed to turn at a dead end - had to turn around - I finally found New Bloomfield and instead of stopping at the little store and using the restroom and verify the correct roads to Earthquake Hollow, I drove the way I thought would get me there. Wow... Hills, up and down, on and on. I finally wised up, turned around and backtracked. I was ready to go home, but I was sooo close. I finally got there, walked the path to get there and took some pretty neat pictures. After my film was used up (my digital doesn't have a memory card so holds only 18 pictures and my 35mm only had 24 (8 were already used) on its roll, I went home.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?