Wednesday, January 05, 2005

 

Haunting?

Many years ago, I bought a Crystler Lebaron (used) from a car dealership. It was white with burgandy interior. It was lovely. I got it home and during the next few days, noticed a bad smell eminating inside. (I thought it must be cigar smoke) I left the windows open all summer long and the smell went away. I had some small auto problems like we all have now and again. I cleaned out the car and under/in/around the seats and found bits of glass, like if the windshield had broken. Several months, maybe even a year, into owning the vehicle, I was driving home from college at night. I was heading up a hill when smoke started pouring into the car from the vents in the dashboard. I stopped the car, turned off the ignition, got out, lifted the hood. The car then started up and off, up and off. The lights were flashing on and off on and off and the horn was beep beep beep. I slammed down the hood and ran back to try and turn the car off. I was so scared - I had seen Christine years before and that is what flitted through my mind. Luckily, an old gent came along and took the battery cable from the battery which stopped the noises and the lights. The wiring did need replacing, but as there was a bit of flame, the insurance covered it.
The dealer called me up some months later asking how I liked my car. I told him "If I had a gun, I would shoot it!" He told me to come on down to the car lot and they would give me a good deal. Oh, yeah, I found a beautiful stick shift Grand Am. I didn't know how to drive a stick shift car, however, I have a motorcyle license so it was easy to learn.
After thinking about that Lebaron, I think someone must have died in it. I think the car was haunted. I wonder where it is now?

Comments:
Did you find out if it had ever been in an accident? It could well have been possessed or dispossessed.
 
At the time, I was just so happy to get rid of the car, I asked no questions. I really didn't think about it being haunted until later. I was really pissed at the car for being such a lemon.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?