Monday, January 10, 2005

 

Iraq: The Devastation

I meant to post this yesterday. Incredible first hand commentary by Dahr Jamail who has worked in Iraq 7 of the last 12 months.
Iraq: The Devastation
by Dahr Jamail

After reading this online, I had to print it out for further perusal. The hard copy came to 6 pages. Jamail explains where he went and discusses what he saw and heard. He adds commentary from some of the people affected. Each incident could be enough fuel for an article, but he blends it all into a very effective overall picture of the horrible situation that is now in Iraq.

Comments:
The first two reasons given for this war are outright lies. The third was just an excuse for this president. I want the Iraqi people free too, but if that was really the goal, then the plan sould have been tailored accordingly. This is the wors military planning I'm aware of in recent history. That's not saying too much since I'm no buff on war, yet any fool could have seen this coming...and son there'll be civl war. Thanks for the article.

What a mess.
weblackey
 
If I weren't already depressed today, this would have tipped me over the edge. I'd been thinking along these lines for weeks now and kept pushing the 'bad thoughts' aside, telling myself not to be so negative. Try to see the bright side (so many reaching out to help those in need). But, my darker side would say, what about all those other victims? What about the ones WE helped to create? What about the ones we aren't doing anything for? This has been the ongoing battle in my mind. Your last three posts have helped to see that I am not alone. All I can say right now is "dear God, what a mess we have made of things".
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?