Tuesday, January 25, 2005

 

The Quagmire Parable

The Quagmire Parable
by Robert Rowley
Everybody on our block agreed that the people living next door to me were a threat to the neighborhood. It was common knowledge that Mr. X was a tyrant in his own house; consequently, his two teenaged boys were menaces. They sped recklessly around our streets in their EuroRacers, blasting loud music from their boomboxes at all hours. When they were younger I once saw one of them carrying a switchblade, and a few years ago they shot a hole in my mailbox with a pellet gun. I called the cops on them for that, but the cops did nothing.
...

I really enjoyed reading this article, because it says the same things I was thinking when miserable failure's administration was war-drumming at Iraq. Rowley has placed (on a small scale so we can relate) the same type circumstances in his neighborhood with the "evildoers" on one side and the rest of the neighborhood on the other.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?