Sunday, January 16, 2005

 

Riverbend has a new post up

Baghdad Burning
Regarding the declaration that US is ending its search for WMD (Weapons of Mass Destruction) - I know most people know what the WMD stands for, but when talking about WMD, I have people who ask me what it means. Riverbend says...Why does this not surprise me? Does it surprise anyone? I always had the feeling that the only people who actually believed this war was about weapons of mass destruction were either paranoid Americans or deluded expatriate Iraqis- or a combination of both. I wonder now, after hundreds and hundreds of Americans actually died on Iraqi soil and over a hundred-thousand Iraqis are dead, how Americans view the current situation.
...
Over here, it's not really "news" in the sense that it's not new. We've been expecting a statement like this for the last two years. While we were aware the whole WMD farce was just a badly produced black comedy, it's still upsetting to hear Bush's declaration that he was wrong. It's upsetting because it just confirms the worst: right-wing Americans don't care about justifying this war. They don't care about right or wrong or innocents dead and more to die. They were somewhat ahead of the game. When they saw their idiotic president wasn't going to find weapons anywhere in Iraq, they decided it would be about mass graves. It wasn't long before the very people who came to 'liberate' a sovereign country soon began burying more Iraqis in mass graves. The smart weapons began to stupidly kill 'possibly innocent' civilians (they are only 'definitely innocent' if they are working with the current Iraqi security forces or American troops). It went once more from protecting poor Iraqis from themselves to protecting Americans from 'terrorists'. Zarqawi very conveniently entered the picture.

She also has a link to an Iraqi Nuclear Scientist's blog (Imad Khadduri).

Comments:
Bush? Admit he was wrong? Never. He of course did not admit he was wrong, he still says there were WMD's. Only now he's saying that Saddam found a way to hid them or get them out of the country before the invasion of US troops.
Only the dumb and dumber still believe this line of crap. Which of course there must be a good many of in this country. Sadly we all will pay the price for their ignorance.
Words on A Page
 
This is what I wrote at Dave's Smile at Me" about WMD:

Knowing what I know about this administration, I will not be surprised if one day, they say WMDs were "found" accidently. Then, it will be more believable to many that this administration was honest and once it hadn't found WMDs, it admitted that it didn't find them but now they have been accidently "found", it confirms what the administration has been saying all along. This scenario is suitable to fool many more people who are always easily fooled.
 
Wanda- regarding fools - yes, you are right!
Faramin - That is downright scary...
Erick - I agree that Riverbend should be required reading and also wish she could post more - I bet if they ever get electricty all the time, she would.
 
excellent post. I heard another admin official speaking on this topic recently on NPR. The conversation went to the elections and he was asked what would the US do if it were asked to leave after the elections. He responded we would, no bones about it, pull up stakes and leave. I saw this two ways. First, way to pillage a country and leave it in ruins. Then I thought, this election is going to pose an opportunity for this administration to leave. When they have elections, and we are asked to leave, they leave and blame it on the new Iraqi officials if there's failure
 
hello!!!
hey baby u can read my blog if u want it, its not a problem for me that u dont know spanish very well. I dont know english very good(so what I dont care).
A girl who read my blog defend u. Check her site in my links: "El Paredon"
see u!!!
 
let's see...
I'm little star ok?
I'm sorry for treating you that way, You don't deserve it... I got what I deserved, that and more.
I'm always messing everything up...so I guess I should start getting used to that.
It's not your fault I had a bad day, that day, and that your comments seemed anoying to me, sorry about that, keep studying, and all that..as for me hahahaha, I was called a bitch, and they laughed at my blog, but naa who cares...
All I want to say, is I'm really trully sorry for saying things I don't usually feel...except on bad days..
bye.
 
Little Star - apology accepted. Thank you for it, too. That was really good of you. You are right, we all have bad days:(
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?