Thursday, January 20, 2005

 

To Drink or Not to Drink?

To Drink or Not to Drink?A week after a study revealed that drinking could lead to increased risk of heart attack and stroke, a new study indicates that drinking can help prevent mental decline, especially in women. Have we reached a point where there is no safe answer on the question of the medicinal benefits of alcohol?
Flatbranch carries a beer called "green chili beer" which I love! My sister got me started drinking that stuff. They sell it in a large bottle (a growler) that once you empty it, you can bring it back and have them refill it for a little more than half the cost of the original growler. Luckily, one of the girls I work with, brought in 2 empty growlers for me. I gave one to my sister and kept one. Yes, we have filled them a couple times:) Soon, mine will be filled again! Probably this weekend...

Comments:
I have done my own studies and concluded that beer is good for you. Drink up!
 
If you believe everything you see and hear in the news you'd never know what to eat or drink. One day it's good for you the next it's not. I've been taking Alieve for years for arthiritis pain, and now they say it can raise the risk of heart attack. Sometimes in life you just have to take a risk. Heck just getting out of bed is taking a risk. I say , drink up !!
By the way, blogger seems to be acting up today. I've been trying since this morning to post comments on your blog. Must be a conspiracy by the rightwingnuts!!!
Wanda ( Words on A Page )
 
JRH - I've done the same studies when I was younger:)Wanda - I think it's ok, today. Maybe it IS a winger conspiracy. How true about getting out of bed.
Erick - You've convinced me... mmmmm chocolate...mmmm beer...mmm wine...
 
I gave up drinking for sixteen years, for what I considered were health reasons. I resumed a few years ago, also for health reasons: a study by a medical research institute (Erasmus) in Netherlands shows that drinking 1 to 3 alcoholic beverages a day provides a strong protective effect against Alzheimer's disease... of which my mother died. Mom was mentally gone long before she died. I would do literally almost anything to avoid her fate.

Of course, some people say it was George W. Bush that drove me to drink. That's almost correct, but not quite: George W. Bush drove me to drink more.

Pass one of those growlers, please...

The Yellow Doggerel Democrat
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?