Tuesday, January 18, 2005

 

women have less "innate ability" at science and maths than men

Harvard row over sex and scienceThe president of Harvard University has caused a stir among academics by suggesting women have less "innate ability" at science and maths than men.
Former US Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers argued one group outperformed the other because of genetics, not just experience, the Boston Globe said.

This does not sit well with me. I've met lots of people, both sexes, that are sharp as tacks. I've met members of both sex who are dense as rocks. My sister, the RN, can run rings around most men and women in the brain department, in my opinion. I think that if someone has decided to dedicate their learning to a certain area, if it's important to them and they have the ability to learn the material, there would be nothing that should stop them of accomplishing their goal.
Later in the article, Summers indicated that what he said was misconstrued. Too bad he put it the way he did.

Comments:
Im sorry cause this problem with u and all of us...
jaja it was funny the new words that u learned...
well, Im gonna keep reading ur blog coz' I like it...
Im sorry!!!
bye!!!
 
Thank you, I will also continue reading your blog. I like it, too.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?