Saturday, February 26, 2005

 

I can't believe I forgot.

This week, I called my sister and we talked for a bit. I told her I would come over and ride horses with her, today, Saturday morning. I got up late this morning and then got on the computer. About 2:00pm, I turned on my cell phone and found a message from my sister. She said she had been waiting for me to come over and go horse riding, but my phone line had been busy all morning. OOPS! I called her back and she said to come on over. I changed my shoes, jumped in the car, and headed over to her house. We bridled and tied them to her horse trailer, curried them to get the dried mud out of their hair, threw the saddle blankets and saddles on and went for a ride. The horses are sisters. They are really sweet creatures. My sister has had them since they were 1 & 2, so they're like pets to her. She is trying to get them to stop racing. We were gallopping along and each try to beat the other. When we got back to her house, we unsaddled, tried to dry the sweat off them, and took them to their pasture - then unbridled them. She gave them another hay bale and some grain. Those horses are really beautiful. They keep the weight on during winter as she keeps them well-fed.

Comments:
I'm very close to my sister, but we don't live close enough to spend the afternoon together. I read your words and was so glad for you that you could just change your shoes and go be with her. Nice.
What a fine thing -- for two sisters to be riding two horses thar are sisters. That's an awesome foursome!
Rexroths Daughter
 
Thanks Rexroths Daughter & Weblackey - I am lucky that Oldwhitelady's Sister lives about 20 miles away. Unfortunately, we don't spend as much time together as we used to. She told me, yesterday, that she took a different nursing position at the hospital she works at and will now have weekends off. That is fantastic news. She had been working every other weekend. Lots of overtime working all sorts of odd shifts, too.
Weblacky, now you see why I love the ans machine. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?