Saturday, February 05, 2005

 

More SOTU

I know we're probably getting tired of hearing and reading about the SOTU, but I ran across this article by Robert Borosage at The Nation, that I really thought was insightful. The Dreams of George Bush.
What ails America? By the President's account, our economy is hobbled because the rich have too little money and corporations are too accountable. Our healthcare system is broken because too many people have insurance and citizen juries give too many victims of malpractice recompense for their injuries. Social Security is in trouble because benefits are too high and too secure. Marriage is threatened most by gays who want to get married. Our Constitution requires amending to enshrine bigotry and save it from the activist liberal judges that dominate our courts despite seventeen years of Reagan and Bush appointments. Our military is too weak, even though we already spend nearly as much as the rest of the world combined on our military.

Comments:
Wow, so he's living in the same country I'm living in. I was beginning to think I was living in some alternate reality.
What concerns me most is that so many people either don't see this or are just flat out, in denial. Until they wake up and face the truth, there will be no change. Our future lies in their hands. Now THAT is the scary part.
Wanda ( Words on A Page)
 
I say that paragraph roughly summs up all the reasons I can't stand this president.

weblackey
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?