Saturday, February 19, 2005

 

to link or not to link, that is the question

So I was minding my own business checking out my favorite blogs to see what was happening lately, when I found post by mrgumby2u at itlookslikethis regarding a blog called Batesline. Here is the link to Batesline where he's being told he needed to take out all his links to Tulsa World because they don't want "unauthorized links" to their paper.
As mrgumby2u says "The Tulsa World doesn't want "unauthorized links" to its website. What do you think? Should we refrain from linking to it?
Well, I don't know if we should or shouldn't. I guess we can all make up our own minds and see if we get a letter like the one Batesline received.

Comments:
OldWhiteLady,

Courtesy of Atrios, I visited your site! Nice, funny too! I like your links for references.

Vicki
 
Your link at Atrios didn't work... but I found you anyway!
 
Thank you for coming to visit. Would you like some tea and cookies? :)
 
No unauthorized links, are they kidding? Do they understand how the internet works?
 
.
Sounds like some real stupid corporate control freaks. Hope they go out of business.

In the meantime, why, yes, Ms. OWL, I would like some tea and cookies, thank you.

My friend Kevin Hayden of "The American Street" would like everybody to drop by and maybe show a little appreciation for all the good, hard work he and his posse have been doing for a while now: It's one of the better, bigger group blogs.

If you don't know it, check it out. If you can afford to, throw them a few bucks: They're having a tough time right now, and they could use a little help staying afloat. Thanks for thinking about it, anyways.

And thanks for letting me post this here, cookie lady. Hope you're enjoying your snowy time, there. Another cookie, please!
.
 
They don't like the link...that's like Gannon/Guckert complaining about people digging around in his "private" life when he's advertising his body on the internet. Which part of World Wide Web don't they understand?
 
From a political standpoint, Michael is clearly not from my branch of the Bates family. (That's a joke: as far as I know, we're not related.) But I certainly hope he wins this one. The newspaper's threat is not merely legally crack-brained, it also manifests a terrible and stupid attitude on behalf of any commercial site.

What a foolish management and legal staff the World has: why in the, um, world would a newspaper not want all the attention it can get for its web site? Somebody had better tell their web advertisers.

The Yellow Doggerel Democrat
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?