Wednesday, March 02, 2005

 
1 growler of Green Chili Beer. I'm happy:) Posted by Hello

Comments:
I can't imagine green chile beer, but I do have a growler from Blackstone. I almost never use it, since it only holds four pints (not enough to slake my thirst for Blackstone's Red Springs Ale), and if I start with a few pints at the restaurant, I can't finish the growler when I get it home, and it goes to waste (which, at $3/pint, I just cannot brook).
.
 
My growler went into the refrig - I'm looking forward to drinking it this weekend... Mmmmmm beer....
 
In the 'fridge? Crikey! That beer will be flat as a pancake, will it not...?
.
 
No, it doesn't get flat immediately. I don't know what the deal is, but it is so tasty even a week later. I have had it in the fridge for almost a month and still be carbonated. Course, I wouldn't leave it longer than that!
 
Amazing. A growler of Blackstone Red Springs Ale (God's Own Beer, IMO) must be consumed within eight hours. Not a big problem, except as noted. :)

When I was brewing my own (i.e. when I had money), I toyed with the idea that a fellow homebrewing friend had implemented: A full CO2 rig for refrigerating and dispensing. It didn't matter how flat the beer got, then. Plus, you never needed to "prime" the beer for the secondary fermentation, which causes the majority of the carbonation in homebottled beer.
.
 
"Growler" sounds like a euphemism for something naught, but I can't quite put my finger on what (and I'm not entirely sure I'd want to).
 
Naughty, rather.
 
Hmm... the great Frederick Douglass called the out-building behind his house, the building to which he retreated to write his magnificent speeches, his "growlery." Now I understand what he meant, and the real reason he went out there! :)

OWL, if I really like beer, and I really like green chili peppers in things, will I like green chili beer?

The Yellow Doggerel Democrat
 
Eli- I think so, too. I had the hardest time remembering what it was called, when I first got the bottles to get filled. Happily, I now remember, easily:)
Steve Bates - I think you would really like this beer. It's especially good with nachos or spicy food. mmmmmm yum. I saw them fill the growler, they fill it partway with their beer, then they add the green chili flavoring. Excellent!
 
jeffraham, I had a glass of my beer last night. While it was good and delicious, it didn't have as much fizz as I remembered. I have to say that you are right, in that the freshness of just being poured, is not in the bottle after sitting. I am going to have to try "Blackstone Red Springs Ale". It sounds yummy, and if God drinks it, why shouldn't I?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?