Saturday, March 05, 2005

 
Published on Friday, March 4, 2005 by CommonDreams.org
If Syria Is Expected To Withdraw from Lebanon, Shouldn’t Israel Withdraw From the Occupied Territories?
by Bill Fletcher, Jr.
...That said, we now are treated to regular sermons by the Bush administration about the unfair and illegal existence of the Syrian deployment of troops to Lebanon without any acknowledgement that (1)the US is occupying Iraq, with no end in sight, and (2)to the south of Lebanon there is an occupation and military deployment that has been going on since 1967. Needless to say I am referencing the Israeli occupation of Palestinian lands...
...So, we are told that somehow Syrian troop deployments in Lebanon are bad, while Israeli troops and settlements on Palestinian territory are either acceptable or are to be treated with respectful silence...

I've wondered at this question, myself. Isn't this hypocritical? Of course, I realize that there has been too much hypocricy during the shrubbery reign. I just wish it would stop! I am so sick of the mindset for this admin: "Do what I say, not as I do."

Comments:
Good question Oldwhitelady!

But you know? The double standard has always been there. Israel can do whetever the hell it wants, but others...?

Another gross double standard is that Israel is the only country with massive arsenal of nuclear weapons in middle east, but others are prohibited from having them. I do believe that no country, including the US, should have those deadly weapons, but if some are pressed to give up on those efforts, why not others? After all, there are powerful crazy and dangerous people in every country who want to use Nukes against other countries; the most recent one is Sam Johnson (R-TX).
 
Faramin, I had read about Johnson's statements and was appalled. What a whacko! I agree with the nuclear arsenal idea - if one must get rid of them, shouldn't all? US has proved our irresponsibility of handling same, by bombing Iraq... and of course, by bombing Japan way back when.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?