Friday, March 04, 2005

 

working

SO... at my day job, Influenza A is rearing it's ugly head. Lot's of people out. I caught something and don't feel as wonderful as I should.
At my part-time job, several people quit in my department. I have to go in whether sick or not, since they need the people who know what they're doing.
Last night, there were two longer time employees & the night supervisor there, and 3 new people. The work does not get done as fast when newbies are trying to learn.
In another department, 3 other people gave their notice.
Since the part-time place hires a lot of part-time employees, these employees usually have a second job or are going to school. Every now and then, someone will quit and that will cause other people to think "Hey, I'm pretty caught up on my bills, I am tired of working this second job." Or they finish school and are ready to go out and find a job in their major.

Comments:
So far we'd kept the flu bug at bay at casa de wanda.
Do you know I've never held more than one job at a time? Well unless you consider being a wife and mother a job. In which case....
 
I had the flu a couple of weeks ago, it was pretty brutal. Feel better soon.
 
Wanda - wife and mother, with all it entails, is a job, by itself. The thing with having both jobs is that I spend very little time at home. Then, people wonder why I don't want to leave, once I get home.
V - I'm sorry you had it, it sure is icky. Thanks - I hope I feel better, soon, too:)
Lucy - Those kitties did help! They are gorgeous! Thank you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?