Sunday, April 10, 2005

 

My contribution to the Book Meme.............

As indicated in my post below, Rugo at Rugo's Ramblings slapped me with the chain blog subject of 5 questions:

You are stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book would you be?
Target Iraq: What the News Media Didn't Tell You,
by Norman Solomon, Reese Erlich, Howard Zinn (Introduction), Sean Penn -
I found this book to be quite an enlightening book which, of course, would immediately be cause for it to be burned. I lent my copy to my father and now my parents don't know where it is. That's ok, because my father lends me books which disappear for a year or two and then I bring them back.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
I don't think so, but if I did, it would probably be on Span, main character in "The Skook", by JP Miller - Span gets lost in a cave when a Satanic motorcycle gang dynamites the hill the cave is under. He's in there for quite some time. He has to learn to co-exist with what the cave has to offer. Man against nature is the main theme. He manages to adapt with the help of "the Skook" and when he finally gets out, he's a changed man.

What is the last book you bought?
The Witch's Grave, by Phillip Depoy (was the first one I pulled from the box of 3 from the Mystery Library - they send 3 books every month)

What are you currently reading?
Murder at Plimoth Plantation, by Leslie Wheeler
Death of a Hired Man, by Eric Wright
Mark Twain Selected Works
The Odyssey, by Homer (translated by Robert Fitzgerald)
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide, by Douglas Adams
Missouri Gardener's Guide, by Mike Miller
(I tend to lay a book down someplace then, instead of going and getting that one, start on another. Sometimes, I have nothing to read. When that happens, I start, again, on one previously read - until new books arrive or I buy some more).

Five books for your desert island cruise (deserted island) package.
"Instant Boats", by Harold "Dynamite" Payson - Using this book, I can build a boat to row around to close islands. Possibly, even use it to get back to civilization, should I decide I need to get back.

"You Can Stay Alive!!", by Larry J. Wells & Roger D. Giles - This book should have some great tricks for handling nature and finding food.

"Life After Doomsday", by Bruce Clayton, PhD. - Assuming the US is still testing their warmongering weapons, I might be in danger if they use my island.

"SHOCK", by Robin Cook - I haven't yet read this one.

"FOUR TO SCORE", by Janet Evanovich - this book makes me laugh. I love Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, but think this is the funniest.

Who are you going to pass this book meme baton to and why? (only three people)
Afarensis at Afarensis: Proud Member of the Reality-Based Community - he needs another reason to tell his wife when she asks why the yardwork isn't finished.
Weblackey atToyblog - she's a teacher and should be able to come up with the answers quite quickly.
Wanda at Words on a Page and Just Breathe - she has two blogs, which proves she has too much time on her hands.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?