Saturday, April 09, 2005

 

My parents make me laugh, they really do.

Last weekend, while my sister and mother went to visit the Farmer's Markets (my mother is getting ready to sell plants, eggs, and vegies, again, this summer) my mother asked me to come out and visit my father, since I am busy so much of the time. No problem. I went over and stayed 4.5 hours and during that time - after we looked at his eggs in the two incubators, the plants they both have growing, chasing a chicken back into it's pen, watching TV with the sound blaring - he brought out a letter he received from Fort something telling him he needed to contact them to set up an appointment for his checkup. He was all pissed off because:
1) he's 87 years old
2) he already had an appt set for VA Hospital much closer
3) it said to call and gave a non-toll free number - he can't hear much and he didn't want to spend the money on a telephone call sitting on hold all day long.
He asked me to send them a letter. When I got home, I immediately wrote up a letter and dropped in a mailbox, next time I passed one. When I told my mother, she said "Ssshhhiiitttt". She had been planning to call them, herself. "Well, go ahead and do it his way".
My mother called, yesterday, and left a message on my answering machine "Did you send in Pa's letter?" She paused for a moment, then, "I'm just kidding, he got a note from the VA confirming his appointment and the nurse wrote on the bottom of the letter to ignore the letter from Fort something because it was sent in error."
Ha! Good times:)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?