Saturday, April 23, 2005

 

Open columns that were worth the time to read

Because I live in Missouri, I like to see what Kenny Hulshof, Republican Congressman for Missouri, is up to. While I was happy that he had chaired the investigation into one of Tom Delay's anti-ethical activities and found that Delay did break the rules, he was taken off the ethics committee:
That was before Speaker Dennis Hastert’s (R-Ill.) Wednesday Afternoon Massacre, when he formally ousted Rep. Joel Hefley (R-Colo.) as chairman of the ethics committee while also removing GOP Reps. Kenny Hulshof (Mo.) and Steven LaTourette (Ohio). Hefley was replaced by Rep. Doc Hastings (R-Wash.).
*snip*
As for Hulshof, he had not reached any term limits of membership on the committee at all; in fact, other GOP members who were asked to stay on had served longer. “I believe the decision was a direct result of our work in the last session,” Hulshof said, “particularly my chairing the investigative subcommittee” that examined ethics charges against DeLay. Hulshof, who described himself as “deeply disappointed,” said in a statement, “I strongly believe that my actions ... were in keeping with the best traditions of the U.S. House of Representatives. ... I wholeheartedly stand behind my subcommittee’s findings and do not apologize for my actions.”

I thought, "Hey, this guy may not be so bad, after all. I think he's actually thinking about the people." Well, I guess they can't change their spots, after all. The following links are some Letters to the Editor that I noticed in the paper, in the last few days. Looks like it's time for more letter writing.

GOP tax breaks favor the easy-money crowd
and
Hulshof returns to DeLay’s side after fling with ethics

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?