Saturday, May 28, 2005

 

The cat is cute, but the rant is ugly!

You might want to leave, now, because under this picture is a rant about my day! Posted by Hello

Yes, I sat there and watched Saddie pull a leaf off the plant, this morning. As you can see, it's obviously a toy. He really should not be messing with the plants, but I didn't feel like scolding him. He is just too cute. The kitties really made my morning. They must have realized I didn't want to go to work:) In the living room, while I was having some caffeine, Cotton and Saddie played like they were going to fight. When I had to throw on some work clothes, Sgt Mango amused me by rolling around on the bed, playing with the catnip frog. After the kitties' antics to brighten my morning, I was ready for the day. A day from hell! The scanner guy didn't get there until I was at lunch, off jogging. When I came back, the scanner was ready to go.
I pulled all of last night's requisitions and placed a certain amount of them in the tray. It started scanning so I left it to answer the phone. I got back and the reqs were all on the floor. I had not set the top tray to catch them properly. This happened several times. In between those times, the phone rang(I had to run and answer, of course) and the scanner jammed. I don't know how many times it jammed, but it was quite annoying. Some of the reqs had small attachments that need to be copied to a full size sheet of paper. Some of the reqs had staples in them. The scanner does not like staples... one iota!
So, I was making copies of the small attachments when the stupid copier decides to jam up. It's one of those new-fangled dealies with the fax included and 2 or 3 different trays for it to send the copies. Why it decided it needed to send this copy to the tray directly beneath the glass, I don't know. I unjammed it. The copy was made, but the copier still had it in the memory. It jammed again...and again..and again. I finally figured out how to get that copy out of its memory and to redirect the copies to an outside tray. I think I ended up with about 15 copies of that one slip of paper. I finished the scanning and had to concentrate on the current day's reqs. They needed to be entered in the computer.
I think I had about 30 left when another department (can't release results until they were entered) called me to find out why they weren't finished. Luckily, the caller was a friend. (He likes to call and whisper, "I smell dead people", (copying the "I hear dead people" kid from the movies) when I answer the phone. He & wife are moving away next month, bummer! He said he would give me his new email address so I could email "I smell dead people" to him. When I left, I was READY to leave. I stopped and picked up two powerball tickets. COME ON POWERBALL NUMBERS! Thank goodness, I had 3 wonderful babies to come home to:)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?