Wednesday, June 15, 2005

 

Christmas in June

I know there are more important things to bring up, but that takes energy and effort I don't have right now. Hopefully, I will, later, tonight - after a nap.
So I'll tell about what happened at my day job.
My department is in a holding pattern just now, waiting to see what changes will be put forth from higher management. Because we don't even know if we will still be in the same group, we had a little pizza party, today. We did the "Christmas in June", during lunch. Everyone in our current group brought in a present costing between $5.00 and $10.00 and wrapped it with whatever was at hand. However, some did wrap theirs in X-mas paper.
The letter I had to get was "J". My co-worker said she would pick up a talking Jeff Foxworthy doll at Walmart since they were on sale for 9.xx. That was good, because I had forgotten all about it.
So, one person got to pick a present and open it. The next person got to decide whether they wanted the present already opened, or open a different one, etc. There were some fine gifts. One of my closer co-workers' turn was almost at the end. There were about 4 presents left. Instead of picking one that had already been opened, he went over and shook the remaining presents. The Jeff Foxworthy doll started talking. He didn't want that, so he picked another present that (I am sure it was the same weight as JF doll) turned out to be a talking Bill Engvall doll (it's hands had been tied together so it didn't talk shaken). Ah, we had such a good laugh at his expense. Poor guy. Anyway, when the party was over, we were at our desks and still poking fun at him, someone took one of the bottles of margarita mix that I ended up with and put it with his doll. He told me he would trade the doll for that bottle. I told him he couldn't have the other two bottles of mix (one margarita, one pina colada) I had gotten. So now, I have the doll + a bottle of margarita mix and a bottle of pina colada mix.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?