Wednesday, June 29, 2005

 

Helicopter down...

U.S. Military Helicopter Crashes in Afghanistan; Fate of Passengers Unknown - By Daniel Cooney Associated Press Writer.
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) - A U.S. CH-47 Chinook transport helicopter, which a military official said may have been carrying 15 to 20 people, crashed Tuesday while ferrying reinforcements to fight insurgents in a mountainous region in eastern Afghanistan. The Taliban claimed to have shot down the aircraft.
The fate of those on board the helicopter, which crashed near Asadabad in Kunar province, was not immediately known, the U.S. military said. A statement said the cause of the crash was unclear...


I hope the passengers are ok. I thought Afghanistan was won, already. Didn't Cheney say so?

Cheney: Iraq will be 'enormous success story'
"We will succeed in Iraq, just like we did in Afghanistan.

I'm not feeling snarky enough for this, right now. Saddie got out somehow, and I didn't realize until I got home about an hour ago. I've got to find the cat.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?