Saturday, June 25, 2005

 

This ring

 Posted by Hello

I had a ring similar to this when I was quite young. It was lost when the house burned down. I had forgotten to put it on when heading out to catch the school bus. My mother stopped the school bus to get the kids off at the neighbor's house. For some reason, I missed the bus and someone gave me a ride home. We had a lane to walk down, and when I got to the end, I found that the house was gone. Everyone else was gone, too. Luckily, I can't recall the horror I felt, until my mother drove up to get me.
I was at a friend's shop and saw these rings. I remembered the fondness I felt for that favored ring I had in my youth, so bought one. I wore it, now and again, and after awhile, lost track of it. I looked all over, but could not remember what I had done with it. It's a relatively cheap ring, so I finally went back to the store and picked up another.
About a month ago, I found the original purchase. It was in a coin purse sitting under the computer keyboard. I wore both, one day, then decided I really didn't need two.
My mother's wedding ring finally gave up a couple years ago, and she had bought a cute red stoned ring to wear. I figured she might like to have another ring to wear on days she didn't want to wear the red stone.
I gave it to her and told her that if it fit, she could have it. It fit. She said she had wanted one with a turquoise stone in it. She was happy. That made me happy. Good times:)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?