Monday, July 25, 2005

 

The kitties really had food this weekend:) I took off for the weekend, though for a float trip. Saturday night, seven of us took kayaks for a dark night ride. We got into the river at about 10:00pm and traveled about 4 to 5 miles. It took us three hours to do so. The moon did come out, but it really wasn't a lot of help. It was beautiful, though. We ran into gravel bars, twigs, logs and small trees. Not being able to see what was in front of us caused it to take a lot longer than it would normally would have. I didn't get any night shots because I'm not sure the digital would take them, and I didn't want to get that camera wet. With the amount of water in my kayak at the end of the ride, I'm glad I hadn't taken it.
Sunday, seven took the float and five took kayaks. There were lots of people out on the river during the day. It took a long time to get down the river as we had to stop, many times, to swim. It was a great weekend.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?