Sunday, July 10, 2005

 

Something to do while in church....

Not that I went to church, but Kissfan at Truespeak said "Consider yourself officialy tagged oldwhitelady. Enjoy!" and tagged me with the "Top 5 Music Meme".

Top 5 lyrics that move your heart (I have to point to the appropriate lines, though)

10CC - I wanna be a boss
Everybody's going to be free,
but they'll have to agree to be free
They'll have to agree to be less free than me
'Cos I rule the world you see

Love is the Drug for Me - Roxy Music
I say go, she say yes
Dim the lights, you can guess the rest
Oh oh catch that buzz
Love is the drug i´m thinking of
Oh oh can´t you see
Love is the drug, got a hook in me

Just One Year of Love - Queen (I was kind of surprised that this was actually written by John Deacon and not Freddie Mercury).
Just one year of love
Is better than a lifetime alone
One sentimental moment in your arms
Is like a shooting star right through my heart

Inside Thing - Feat Lulu - Paul McCartney & Wings
Someone's knocking at the door door
(it's an inside thing)
Somebody's ringing the bell
Somebody's knocking at the door, now, now
Somebody's ringing the bell
Ring-ding-ding-ding-a-ding-ding-ding
Ringing the bell
That'll be him

We're not going to take it - Twisted Sister
We're right (yeah)
We're free (yeah)
We'll fight (yeah)
You'll see (yeah)

Oh we're not gonna take it
No, we ain't gonna take it
Oh we're not gonna take it anymore
(Couldn't this be the LIBERAL fighting song?)

Top 5 Instrumentals
Forever - Queen
The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Paul Dukas
Inshalla - Sahara Elektrik (not really instrumental, but I don't understand the language)
Rattlesnake - Tim Clark
Phoenix Anastasis - Mychael Danna

Top 5 musical experiences
Paradise by the dashboard light - meatloaf (video - so many years ago, before the showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show!
Concerts enjoyed - can't remember what years, but...
REO
Jethro Tull
Kiss
Kiss Army - Wow! That was a fantastic show. Midnite at a midstate fair.

Top 5 Artists you think more people should listen to
Joe Diffy
ABBA
Dr Hook
Enya
Queen

Top 5 Albums you must hear from start to finish
Barcelona - Freddie Mercury & Montsarratt Caballe (except I dislike "Ensueno" and usually bypass it.
2112 - Rush
Animals - Pink Floyd
Last in Line - Dio
Bat out of Hell - Meatloaf

Top 5 Musical Heroes
Johnny Cash
Jeff Lynne
Freddie Mercury (of course)
Helen Reddy
Stevie Wonder

These are my answers at this time, they could, and will, change, I'm sure.
Ok, looks like I only have to tag one person. I'm not sure, but I think The Fixer at Alternate Brain likes memes... a lot. He may already have done this one, and if so, can just provide the linky.

Update: The Fixer and Gordon over at Alternate Brain have already written their music memes, sometime ago. So, instead of tagging anyone, I'll ask for a volunteer.
Hey you, reading this, right now.. How about it? Hmmm?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?