Sunday, August 14, 2005

 

As promised, we get to talk about congolium, now.
First a couple suggestions...
If your sister is using congolium in her recently built house and, kindly, offers you the rest of it for in front of your doorway area (because what's there is kind of scuffed and someone put a hole in it when they were moving a washer, either in, or out, of the place) ask her a couple things.
1) When did you purchase it?
2) Where did you purchase it? (important note: write this down)
3) Is this all you have?

Now, when she comes in and looks at the doorway, she says, "Oh, yeah, there's plenty in the box to cover that. Start from the middle and work your way out. Be careful with how you place it, because you can easily ruin it." Take her advice. Be very careful. Do not waste.

Here's the story. My sister (probably, the best sister in the world, by the way) gave me the remainder of a box of congolium. I finally started putting it down. I did not measure the area. I ran out before the area was covered. I was shopping at a store that we both go to, and it might carry that type item. I went and asked. No, they don't carry it. On my way home, there is another store that would carry the item type. I ran in with the box in my hand. I showed it to some guys working there. No, they didn't carry that brand. Nothing they had was even close to the pattern. I, then, remembered that she mentioned the name of the store. Yesterday, after getting off work, I went to that store. I ran through the pouring rain and, sopping wet, made my way to the flooring department. I asked the fellows working there if they carried it. They used to. "When did you buy it?" They looked it up in the computer which said they had some. They looked all over. They could not find it. They said they had a clearance, recently, and it was probably in there. I looked at the patterns they had and purchased a box of something close. I put it around the edges and, it looks cute, but the odd areas don't look so good. I guess I should have taken more time measuring. Oh well, the cats don't mind and maybe, one day, when I have nothing to do, I'll fix it.
Oh, yeah.. I was telling her about it this morning and she says, "Oh, I have some more, if you need it." !!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?