Saturday, August 06, 2005

 

Farmers' Market blogging.


Earlier this week, my mother called me and said that the guy who usually helps her, Saturday mornings, would be out of town. My sister was not available to help, either. She asked if I would come and help her. I needed to get there between 7am and 8am. When the eggs and green beans were sold, we could leave. She thought I would see lots of people I knew. Eight or nine years ago, that would have been true, but since I no longer work in this town, except for the evening job, I know a lot less people. I did see one person from the evening job and one person who used to work at my day job. I meant to get some cash before I got there, but forgot. She gave me a $20. I bought a watermelon, but the corn was all gone. I tried to give her the change, but she wanted me to keep it. I gave her the $10., and told her I'd keep the remaining $6. She was ok with that. As the day warmed up, she bought us each a cup of honey ice cream. It was normally $1 a cup, but for vendors, it was .75 a cup. We were finished by 11am. It was fun, but I don't want to do it every Saturday.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?