Wednesday, August 24, 2005

 

Talking to God...

Psychologist: Boy believed he was God's instrument, BY BUTCH MABIN / Lincoln Journal Star
Joshua Magee, in the throes of a schizophrenic delusion, believed he was about to do God's work when he drove a car carrying homemade explosives and a rifle to Malcolm High School last year, a psychologist testified Monday...
..."It is my opinion he believed he was following God's plan," said Scalora, a psychology professor at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. "It's pretty hard to turn down a voice from God."..
...Some of the disease's symptoms — a belief he was following God's orders, a blank facial expression, changes in his physical appearance, among other symptoms — were evident the day of the incident, Scalora testified...


Did Bush Say God Told Him To Go To War?
..."According to Abbas, Bush said: 'God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them.'"...


...1987 In January Oral Roberts said that God spoke to him
and told him that he had not sent out any medical missionaries from the university or City of Faith. God instructed him to raise $8 million by March of the same year or God would take him home (presumably God would kill Oral Roberts or translate him to heaven like Enoch).
The money raised was to provide full scholastic scholarships for medical missionaries who would be sent to other countries.
He claimed that $3.5 million had already been raised, but he needed $4.5 million more by March 1, in order to get the full $8 million and prevent God from taking him home...


What I find interesting, most of all, is that so many people claim God talks to them, how does God find the time? There's only one God, right? I'm sure God has other Godly type stuff to do, besides talking to all the people who claim to hear from him/her. How do we determine who actually does get Godly orders? Will God talk to me? If so, when? Oh, wait a minute.. you know, I think God has talked to me... heh heh heh...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?