Saturday, August 13, 2005

 

Well, it's Saturday, once again.

I have a link to AP Breaking News over on the side, under Reference. A lot of the time, I'll check to see what they might have. Besides this painful link 83-Year-Old Woman Recovering From Massive Bee Attack
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - An 83-year-old woman is recovering after being stung 400 times by bees, authorities said...
Today, there is a link called AP News in Brief which has some interesting items. For instance:
...That has left his supporters perplexed over why Bush hasn't gotten more credit for the improving economy...
..."The economy is good, but it hasn't improved for everybody," said Mark Zandi, chief economist of Economy.com, an economics research firm. "The gains have predominantly gone to higher-income and higher net-worth households. Lower net-worth households are still struggling."...
Duh! That last paragraph is quite true. Why would the supporters think that everyone is doing better? Do they only think of the rich? No, you don't have to answer that.
BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - Roadside bombs and ambushes killed at least nine people and wounded 11 others Saturday, as Iraqi leaders reported tentative agreements on issues such as distribution of oil wealth and Islam as the state religion with only two days to go to finalize the new constitution...
Mission Accomplished, anyone? When I think back to that day when Dubya stood there, smirking, with the "Mission Accomplished" sign as a backdrop, and then think about all the deaths since then, I get pretty pissed. We were sold a war that has killed (and will continue to kill) too many people.

The other day, I was over at Mangoagogo to see what Pattygal had been up to lately. Not only does she have a delicious sounding recipe for a Mango Smoothie, but she also has a link to a blog called The Casual Friday. Of course, I clicked. Apparently, IMMIXMARKETER does a rundown of 10 "Highlights of My Day".
For Wednesday, August 10, 2005, my favorites were these two.
9. Threw a rock at a couple riding a tandem bike
10. Outran a tandem bike
Not that I endorse throwing rocks at bikes. I don't. I doubt he really did it, but I thought number 10 was highly amusing after reading number 9. By golly, I would be outrunning the bike, too.

So with that written, Good morning. It rained all night and the day is cool and beautiful. I was going to paint on the trailer, today, but it's quite wet outside. It might dry up, but I'm scheduled to go in at noon and help one of the new girls at work. Maybe, I can get a couple hours, painting, after I leave work. I managed to paint six of the shutters in the very early AM, after logging off the computer. I have four left needing the first coat. There's something to be said about painting while watching this funny video, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?