Saturday, August 13, 2005

 

What a day!

As mentioned in an earlier post, I was going to work at noon. It's a good thing I did. The power went off and the generator kicked on. The generator ran all afternoon. Several people were called, but the main person needed did not get there until about 2:30 or so. Departments were getting worried. I had to call the computer guy because we could not use our printers or copier. He came in and explained that when the main power is off, those are off, too. He called the city, but no one else was having problems. The number for the maintenance guy was no longer in service. I called several people who called others. The new girl said that if I hadn't been there, she would have quit, for sure. It was a crazy madhouse afternoon. Luckily, the computers were running, properly. There were some items that she needed help with that we could not finish up, today. I told her I would come in tomorrow for an hour or so.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?