Monday, September 05, 2005

 

EschaCon 2005, it was great!

WGG, Mena, and I left my place at 9:30 PM, Thursday. We took turns driving and ended up at registration in Philadelphia at 6:30 PM, Friday. After checking in, we met some other Atriots and grabbed a cab to The New Wave Cafe. Let me tell you, I met Eli, Karmic_Jay & Mrs. Karmic_Jay, QL in NY and Mr. QL in NY, res ipsa loquitur, upyernoz, Capital J, NTodd, Nim, Athenae, Thersites and The 5-year old, NYMary, BigVic, SallyH, The Kenosha Kid, Scout Prime, Sittenpretty, Steve Simels, Uncle Smokes, Agent Orange, Watertiger, David(Austin TX) and Mrs.David(Austin TX), Spork_Incident, Spocko, and so many other wonderful people. As I remember them, I'll have to mention them:) I got to shake Atrios' hand. I'm never washing that hand again (kidding:). At the New Wave Cafe, I met a young man who's running for congress. Patrick Murphy. I took his picture, and I asked him if it would be okay for me to post it to my blog. He said, "Sure".

He was also at the, "Strategy Session for the 06 Elections," held Saturday afternoon. He said something that made so much sense. He said that the congress people are working for all of us, no matter what state we live in. They are making the decisions that affect each and every one of us. He's 31 and single, ladies... and a very good speaker. . Louise Slaughter, Congresswoman (D_NY) Chuck Pennacchio, Alan Sandals, Mark B. Cohen, Ally Wade from DCCC, and Jesse Berney from DNC were speakers, for the Strategy Session, too.
After the New Wave Cafe, we set off on foot for The Kyber Club. It was interesting, but the music was too loud, so Capital J and I walked back to the hotel.
Saturday morning was the, "Panel: Potential for Progressive Blogging". Paul Krugman and Mrs. Paul Krugman sat two rows up from me!!!

Dinner that night was at an Indian food restaurant called Karma. I had not really been exposed to Indian food, before. It was a fantastic experience. Agent Orange led Uncle Smokes, Bigvic, Mr & Mrs QL in NY, and me back to our hotel. The party was up in room 838; Mena, SallyH, and Sittenpretty's room. I was coming back up the elevator with Scout Prime and she told me that she'd just heard that Rehnquist had died. There was a guy and girl in the elevator (we think the guy was with the DNC) He asked, "Did you say Rehnquist died?" and as he rushed out of the elevator, "I've got to get to work!"
Sunday morning was the softball/picnic. I managed to get Atrios' autograph by taking a picture of Feral Liberal's Moonbat T-shirt.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

If you want to see some good pictures of the event, check out some of the links above, of the people I met. I haven't checked them all out, yet, but the ones I did look at, had information and pictures! Some of the people mentioned might have blogs I don't know about, as well. I also met a couple who said they were lurkers. They had names to use if they commented, but they hadn't yet started using them. Well, you two, you've used the names - you know they work! Chime in and comment:) I can't remember what the names are (djLicious & spouse), but I'll know them when you use them!
The folks who didn't show up were the trolls. It would have been interesting if one or two had shown up.
Regarding content, well, I'm not ready to type up what I took notes on, so I'll point you to the same link that NTodd points to. What a good article. EschaCon Begins Today in Philadelphia from Philly Future.

Well, how do you like that! I had the wrong link there for NTodd. The link that WAS there was not the one I was wanting to point people to. Drat! I have corrected it.
Update: I had the DCCC name wrong (couldn't read my own writing) - updated her's and DNC name. Check out Eschacon 2005 for a rundown of the event.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?