Wednesday, September 14, 2005

 

Paying more than planned.

I guess by now you've realized my N&D is my best friend and sister. I wish she would have taken my old computer so I could stay in touch with her easier. She refuses to learn computerese. She said it's not important at this time in her life. She has plenty to keep busy with, that's for sure. When we were kids, she trained a couple horses, then for many years, she went
about doing what we all do, trying to make a living, learning, moving up in the world.
She finally was able to buy a place and stock it with horses and other animals. Strays from other towns made their way to her place. She's a female version of "Dr Doolittle." However, I think the name should be "Dr Doolots." When she first bought some horses, they were not trained to ride. She was kind of leery about training them, because it had been so long. At the time, I was teaching myself how to rollerblade. She says that because I was bound and determined to learn to blade, it gave her the motivation to train her horses, in the sense of.. "if sis can do that, I can do this!" Those horses are tame and well trained, now.
So, she works long hours, lots of shifts. She came home, the other day, and should have gone to bed. She didn't. Instead, she decided to mow her lawn. Something got stuck in the mower, and she did not think to shut the mower off before removing whatever it was that was stuck. She ended up losing 2 fingers at the joints - could not be reattached because of where they were sliced. The reason I decided to write about this is to remind people to be very careful with their mowers. I realize mowing season is almost over, but it should always be in the front of your mind, when mowing, safety! When I worked for a medical provider, every summer there were several cases where people lost parts. There were, also, some cases where babies or young children were run over. A lawn mower is a very dangerous tool.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?