Monday, October 10, 2005

 

Doesn't anyone else around here ride bikes?

I'm not complaining, just wondering. I haven't ridden my bike all summer. I did get a lot of things accomplished, but I usually get a couple nice long rides in, too. Anyway, what brought this to my attention, was that some young children in the neighborhood, stopped by yesterday afternoon, and asked if I had a bicycle pump. I had to stop and think about it. (My mother was on the phone at my ear, and she hung up so I could look - She said it seems like people are always coming to my door when she's on the phone:) Anyway, I just wasn't sure if the pump would be in the house or in the shed. I checked the shed, first. It was easy to find. There actually are two, but one is easier to use than the other. The other may be for the smaller tire, too. I brought the pump out and the boy started airing up the tires for two smaller girls. Another girl rode down and asked if she could use it, too. Sure, no problem. It was funny, but my pliers were needed to get the valve stem covers off, too.

A couple years ago, a boy lived up the lane and would come by, every once in a while, asking to use the pump to air up his tires. I always wonder how they know I would have one, and if people living closer must not have bicycles. As I said, I have no problem with them using it. I'm glad to help.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?