Saturday, October 22, 2005

 

Girl Power

I got to the lab tonite a little early, took a nap in my car. The cell phone had been plugged in for the ride to work and I left it charging. I awoke about 30 minutes later and noticed that the cell was no longer charging. I found that my car had no juice for the lights and the ignition made no sound when I turned the key. I told my problem to the maint. guy who said he would be back about the time I left and would see if it needed jump starting. I spoke to my boss later, just in case the guy didn't show back up. I also talked to a couple other people.. just in case... Well, he didn't show back up. My primary night boss said she knew how to put the cables on (I have the cables, but not real sure to put them on right) but didn't have her car. The day boss had also come in (big health fair needing typing in) and she had her car, but didn't know how to put on cables. We all three went out about an hour before I was going to leave. We got the car started and moved. I didn't let it run, though, because it started right back up after parking.
When I went out to leave, I was walking with another lady. Luckily, she came back around to make sure my car started because it didn't. I had watched the boss, though and felt sure I could put the cables on properly if she let me use her battery to jump mine. Sure enough! I attached the cables and the car started right up. I came home and let the car run at least half an hour. Walmart Automotive opens at 6:00 am. I've not had problems with their batteries, so if the car starts, I'm heading over there for a new battery. The car is 5 years old and the battery has never been replaced. It seems as though it might be time. Especially, so close to winter.

Tomorrow, my sis and I are taking the horses to go on a trail ride. I'm hoping it doesn't decide to rain. We did ride, one year, in the rain. What a sucky ride! Cold and nasty. One of the reins broke on my horse's bridle. Other people had other problems. Yuck!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?