Monday, October 10, 2005

 

take two aspirin and call me in the morning.

I took today off from my fulltime job. I had a doctor's appointment. When you get to be an oldwhitelady, you tend to go to the doctor more often. This was the 6 mo checkup of how is the Synthroid working, etc. I like to give the doctor more to do than just talk about current medication. So, I had 4 items on my list. I had the Synthroid, he said we didn't need to do a 6 month bloodwork, can do that yearly. Ankle swells sometimes, he looked at it, suggested cutting down on salt intake - oops, yeah, I guess that's a good idea. Moles on face and right jawline. Face looked ok, jawline mole is ok, but I hated it, he asked if I wanted it removed. Hell yeah! He did so, today. Quick and painless. (I should have asked for it so I could show my sis:) Smoking - I'm quitting, but having a semi-rough time about it. He ran down options. THEN he said, "How about your yearly checkup, when's the last time you had that done?" HELL! He said, "I think that should be done before the year is over." Now, I have an appointment for the pap (when he will also check to see how the quit smoking is going) and the mammogram. YUCK. Luckily for me, he's a darned good physician.

So, after all that health stuff out of the way, I took a jog. I ran at least a mile and walked the rest of the 2.5 path. It was a great morning to do so.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?