Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 

Thoughts

Superstar aka Saddie (the best cat I ever had) died a week ago, today. If I recall correctly, my wonderful 13 year old Himalayan, Mogwei, was put to sleep in November of last year. I was thinking of my beloved kitties and what a sucky month November has been, at times, when I remembered my favorite singer died in November, too. Freddie Mercury died on November 24, 1991. Wikipedia entry. After reading the various tidbits of his life, posted in the entry, I find it non-surprising that I was such a fan of him/his group, while growing up.
Freddie Mercury was born Farookh Bulsara in Stone Town, Zanzibar to Zoroastrian Indian parents Bomi and Jer Bulsara(Also known as Parsi). They had emigrated to Zanzibar so Bomi could continue his job as a middle-ranking cashier at the British Colonial Office. Mercury also had a sister, Kashmira...
...With a wide vocal range and a somewhat operatic technique, he was one of the most versatile and technically accomplished singers to work in the pop idiom. He was the composer of many of Queen's hits, including "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Somebody to Love", and "We Are the Champions"...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?