Tuesday, December 20, 2005

 

That's for sure!

WASHINGTON Calling Bush a president and not a king, Wisconsin Senator Russ Feingold says Bush overstepped his authority when he approved spying on suspected terrorists without court orders.
Feingold, Democrats blast Bush for domestic spying
I was looking for the quote, after having heard it several times on NPR, and I found several sites suggesting Feingold for President in 2008. He would be a much better candidate than Hillary, in my opinion. I wonder why I never ran across those sites before?
I enjoy reading that bit about not being a king. Dangerous Moves by Bush, and the Need for the People to Act In Their Own Interests an article from a newspaper called, Revolution has this:
Feingold said, "He is a president, not a king." Feingold later said, "The issue here is whether the president of the United States is putting himself above the law, and I believe he has done so."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?