Tuesday, January 31, 2006
I looked at the AP Breaking: National and noticed a tab called "Offbeat News". I decided to check it out.
• Police: Weaving Driver Distracted by PornI'm thinking that's a little worse than cell phone drivers.:)The stories on that page were different, yet interesting. Nothing earthshaking, but still something to wonder about!
• Man Gets Wallet Back After Nearly 40 Years Nice story.
• Couple Plead No Contest to Running Brothel Across from the police station.
• Dozens of Manhole Covers Stolen in Ind.
They'll need to find a new way to lock the covers down, I guess.
• Stuntman Parachutes Off Mexico Skyscraper
He parachuted down then jumped in a Hummer to avoid arrest.
• Mixed-Breed Rescued Dog Wins Online Show Another nice story.
• Pastor Gets 18 Months for Selling Church What would Jesus do?
• Animal Carcasses Force Smelly DetourUgh...
• Man OK After Falling 130 Feet From Copter Well, I guess that's one good use for snow!
• Stumbling Tourist Smashes Rare China Vases I wonder if he'll have to pay anything.