Saturday, January 21, 2006

 

Saturday morning - most excellent!

I got up this morning and watched my babies have a fun time fighting, while writing my portion of the collaborative story at The Practical Press. After making, and eating, a huge breakfast and drinking my morning pot of coffee, I decided I had better go and try to jog/walk off some of that meal. I said goodbye (and behave) to the chilluns.After I finished my errands, I headed out for my favorite trail. The creek bluff is quite pretty this morning, but in the fall, it's beautiful. The trail I walk (there are several trails) is about 2.5 miles. I jogged some of it, but I'm pretty much out of shape. I need to get out there, more often. As I ran/walked, I saw 8 dogs and some people. It was kind of chilly, but the walk was terrific. I had to stop and take photos of trees and fallen logs I found interesting. On the last lap, there were several birds on the ground. I scared them, so stopped and waited. They came back down and I tried to get some photos, walking very slow as not to scare them. I got too close and they flew away. If you click on the photos, you can see the detail. This second to the last photo has the birds. They are quite small and there are four of them. What a fantastic day!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?