Thursday, February 16, 2006

 

charge batteries

When my camera says, "charge batteries," it means it. This was the last photo it took, yesterday morning. It refused any other attempts.

I glimpsed the headlines at Eschaton, last night, and saw something about this: Cheney Says He Has Power to Declassify Info. I wonder how this came to be? I guess they're covering up for him and "Scooter" leaking info... or was it more of a demand, "allow me to cover my ass, or I'll shoot!"
...In a recent court filing, Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald revealed Libby's assertions to a grand jury that superiors had authorized him to spread sensitive information from a National Intelligence Estimate. The administration used the NIE assessment on Iraq and weapons of mass destruction as part of its justification for going to war...

...Fitzgerald did not specify which superiors Libby may have been referring to when he testified that higher-ups had authorized him to spread sensitive information...

... "I have certainly advocated declassification. I have participated in declassification decisions," Cheney said. Asked for details, he said, "I don't want to get into that. There's an executive order that specifies who has classification authority, and obviously it focuses first and foremost on the president, but also includes the vice president."......

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?