Saturday, March 18, 2006

 

Family Plight

This is one of the stories that caught my eye, as I opened up AOL, this morning.Father Loses Taste for Revenge in Iraq
...Why did he do it? The wiry lean Georgian, an easy-talking man with a boyish, sunburned face, tried to answer the question that won't go away...

..."It's a lot of things combined," he said. "One, a sense of duty. I was pissed off at the terrorists for 9/11 and other atrocities. Second, I'd only trained. I wanted combat." And then, he said, "there's some revenge involved. I'd be lying if I said there wasn't."...

..."I don't really have love for Muslim people," Johnson said. "I'm sure there are good Muslims. I try not to be racist." Although he hasn't read the Quran, or spoken with Muslims, he has "heard" the Islamic holy book "teaches to kill Jews and infidels. And it's hard to love people who hate you."...

..."I really don't want to kill innocent people," he now says. "I don't want to live with that the rest of my life."...."...
One of his sons was killed in Iraq, so he blamed the Iraqis. Wouldn't it be better to blame the reason his son was sent to Iraq? However, it looks as though he's sick of being there and plans to go home, in May, to his wife. His other son might get sent to Iraq or Afghanistan, too. I guess that's one family who's getting a real taste of the war for oil.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?