Sunday, June 18, 2006

 

Happy Father's Day

I'm not sure which adult is the Dad, but they all seem to work at keeping the young ones safe.

When I was young, my father instituted Bible study on Saturdays. He picked out a book and number of chapters for us to read. The names of the people were such oddities, I would go and ask him how to pronounce them. Later, we started going to church. Later, still, we quit going to church. My parents realized how uncaring churches really are. I think it had something to do with a tragedy in one of the families attending our church. My thoughtful, caring father believed the church should dig down, in their own deep pockets, and donate some of that tithe money to help the family, but the church felt their responsibility was to take up a collection, from the congregation, for flowers.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?