Wednesday, June 21, 2006

 

I'll believe it when I see it.

EU praises Bush for wanting 'end' to Guantanamo
The EU has welcomed US president George W. Bush's statements on ending the Guantanamo prison camp, with the Austrian chancellor saying after Wednesday's bilateral summit that it is "grotesque" to claim that the US is harmful to world peace...
...The Austrian leader said Europe had received "clear signals and commitment" from the US president that there would be no torture or extraordinary detention involved in Washington's anti-terror activities...
...Mr Bush said it was "absurd" to compare the US and such countries as Iran or North Korea, but acknowledged that many Europeans disagreed with his decision to launch a war in Iraq...
..."For Europe, September the 11th was a moment; for us it was a change of thinking. I vowed to the American people I would do everything I could to defend our people, and I will."...
There it is, again. I wish someone would ask him why he keeps talking about Iraq and 9/11 as though they were linked.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?