Wednesday, September 20, 2006

 

Bluebird of happiness

My friends and I met the bluebird of happiness, yesterday. We were walking around a lake, when I noticed the bird flying down from the limb and back up, over and over. We went closer and found it had fishing line wrapped around the limb and it's foot. I was the tallest, but even with the limb being held down, could not break the line. I grabbed hold of the limb, too, and as we yanked on it, to bring it closer to the ground, it finally gave, and broke, falling on us. Luckily, the bird was not killed. As I was closest, I picked the bird up in both hands and found it was attached to a hook. I pulled the hook loose from it's thigh. Friend said it was a bluebird and thought it might have a broken leg. As I put it onto the ground, to see if it might live, it took off, flying perfectly. Happy that we were able to free it, alive, as we finished our walk, we hoped the poor little thing will be okay.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?