Saturday, September 09, 2006

 

A couple stories that caught my eye

Spanish Fashion Show Rejects Skinny Models
...The association said Friday it wanted models at the show running from Sept. 18-22 to project "an image of beauty and health" and shun a gaunt, emaciated look...
Yay! I think that's a good idea. I've often thought that the "emaciated" (as beautiful) look is the wrong message to send to our youngsters.

Town's Top Cop Quits Over Nude Photos of Wife
..."They have no morals as far as I'm concerned," said Shirley Anderson. "That's the whole thing I think - morals. You should have respectable people in office. They need to go somewhere else where this is accepted."..

.."They were vulgar," Larry Dismore, owner of Larry's Drugs in Snyder said of the photos, some showing the chief's wife with an American flag draped off her shoulder...

..."My wife is 6-foot-3 and weighs 300 pounds," he said. "If there is somebody that thinks they can control her, have at it. I have tried for 11 years and haven't been able to."...
I think what pissed them off most, was the American flag being draped over her shoulder. They should be happy she wasn't burning it! Hmmm. These people are complaining and making a big cry over nude photos. My question is - Just where were these photos? and why were they looking at them? It sounds like these narrow-minded folks have some morality issues, too.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?