Saturday, September 09, 2006

 

Getting ready for the day.

I almost got a picture of a hummingbird, this morning. I've a busy day planned, so was outside, watering some plants, when I heard a commotion on the other side of the bushes. I snuck over, and on the ground was a poor little hummingbird, working it's little wings, but not going anywhere. I picked it up and it tried to fly. I didn't see any wounds, so when it hopped off my finger and into the bush, I left it. I went in and got the camera (the cats were hungrily waiting by the door). I went back out, but when I parted the bushes, the little bird managed to get it's flight wings going. Off to the trees it flew. I'm happy. I prefer a flying hummingbird to getting the picture.

So, the song, Love is the Drug for Me, by Roxy Music, was running through my head - I loved that song! Then, another favorite, I want a New Drug, by Huey Lewis and the News, came to mind. I realize those are old songs, but it got me wondering: How many other songs about drugs are there?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?