Saturday, October 28, 2006

 

Good idea!

I could use some more sleep, too. I went to the doctor, recently, and showed him my ankle (the one that swells) and he had some tests run. After ruling out several things, and measuring my calves (they are the same size) he agreed that it could be the weight gain I've been complaining about.

...BUT he still didn't prescribe diet pills - I want the good ones that would give me energy and kill the appetite. Instead, he looks at the thyroid bloodwork results and we find that I could use an increase of the daily dosage, just a touch. "We'll try that and see if we can get your metabolism moving, again. With the diet pills, you have to help, too, you know."

I know what he means.... Stop stuffing the food into my face and I could probably drop a good amount...and exercise. Hell, I know it. It's hard to stop eating, especially when I use food to stay awake. I realize I'm not getting enough sleep because of overwork at the second job (we have some new hires, yay yay ray) but, it's very well possible that the main reason I'm so tired is because of the thyroid problem. (When I was in my late teens, I was the unlucky recipient of that dreaded disease, mononucleosis. The tiredness I felt at that time was quite similar to the tiredness I feel, a lot of the time, now).

I'm hoping this increased dosage will help...Actually, I know it will. OH, boy!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?